EYPC Mentoring Group is a group of women and men who desires to assist youth in developing a positive future. EYPC Mentoring Group is a 501C-3. Our youth mentoring group is based on priority health risk behaviors that contribute to morbidity and mortality among today’s youth.
The Mission of EYPC Mentoring Group is to build trusting relationships that encourage and support youth to be successful in their future endeavors. Positive change is not only possible, but expected when youth and their families work to solve their difficulties together.
What are Mentoring Group Services?
Therapeutic Mentoring Group program is a community based program for children with a clinical diagnosis that calls for intensive training in daily living, social or communication skills. These needs can be met in their natural settings such as school cafeterias, at after school activities, around the dinner table, or anywhere that thoughtful but firm coaching can be done to assist them to overcome their limitations and improve their overall social functioning.
EYPC Mentoring Group has three principal program goals:
- Reduce juvenile delinquency and gang participation by at-risk youth.
- Improve academic performance of at-risk youth.
- Reduce the dropout rate for at-risk youth through the establishment of one-to-one mentoring.
- The program objectives of this initiative are to achieve the following:
- Provide general guidance and support to at-risk youth.
- Promote personal and social responsibility among at-risk youth.
- Increase participation of at-risk youth in elementary and secondary education and enhance their ability to benefit from this schooling.
- Discourage use of illegal drugs and firearms, involvement in violence, and other delinquent activity by at-risk youth.
- Discourage involvement of at-risk youth in gangs.
- Expose our youth to colleges and employment opportunities
How do our services benefit youths?
Mentoring is often one component of a program that involves other elements, such as tutoring or life skills training and coaching. The supportive, healthy relationships formed between mentors and mentees are both immediate and long-term and contribute to a host of benefits for mentors and mentees.
More benefits for youth:
- Increased high school graduation rates
- Lower high school dropout rates
- Healthier relationships and lifestyle choices
- Better attitude about school
- Higher college enrollment rates and higher educational aspirations
- Enhanced self-esteem and self-confidence
- Improved behavior, both at home and at school
- Stronger relationships with parents, teachers, and peers
- Improved interpersonal skills
- Decreased likelihood of initiating drug and alcohol use
- EYPC Mentoring, at its core, guarantees young people that there is someone who cares about them, assures them they are not alone in dealing with day-to-day challenges, and makes them feel like they matter. Research confirms that quality mentoring relationships have powerful positive effects on young people in a variety of personal, academic, and professional situations. Ultimately, mentoring connects a young person to personal growth and development, and social and economic opportunity.
Youth who are between the ages of 10 and 19, who has emotional issues, youth who need coaching, support, training in areas such as academics, attendance in school, behavioral inconsistencies, underdeveloped communication skills, low-self-esteem, lack of goals or purpose, substance abuse, and sexual health. EYPC Mentoring Group provides effective mentoring to the youth who need help the most.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE MENTORING SERVICES THAT WE OFFER, PLEASE CONTACT US AT (804) 789-1314
Visit our mentoring site: http://eypcmentoring.com/